TARIFFS: Tariffs are subject to change without notice.
PAYMENTS / DEPOSITS: A 20% deposit is required up front to secure your booking. The remaining balance is required within 30 days of arrival. Any booking not having the required deposit with us within 24 hours will be automatically cancelled without notification to the client or their travel agent. Deposit conditions for certain accommodation and tour products may vary. We will advise you of these conditions at the time of booking if they differ from the above. Note there is a non-refundable $33 Booking Fee. Full payment is required by Credit Card for bookings made less than 30 days prior to arrival. Please note a non-refundable 1.5% merchant fee applies to all credit card transactions. If you prefer to pay by direct deposit, our trust account details will be sent to you by email when your booking is confirmed. However, please note that we do require your credit card details as a security bond.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation must be in writing and can either be via email: email@example.com or by letter to PO Box 580 Port Douglas QLD 4877 Australia. Please quote your booking number, surname and dates of arrival and departure.
Bookings cancelled over 90 days prior to arrival: a $150.00 administration fee will be deducted from your refund.
Booking cancelled over 30 to 90 prior to arrival: a cancellation fee of 20% of the total booking value will be deducted from your refund.
Bookings cancelled 30 days or less prior to arrival: a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booking value will be retained unless we are able to re-book the property for the full duration of your original stay.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: Port Douglas Accommodation strongly recommends Travel Insurance as it may protect you if you cancel your holiday due to unforeseen circumstances.
PROPERTY DAMAGE: Any damage to the property or its contents caused by guests will be charged to the guest who’s name the booking has been made in. A security deposit or credit card imprint will be required for all holiday accommodation on arrival. Should you find the property damaged prior to your stay, please advise our office immediately on 0488 535 588. Failure to do so will deem you to be totally responsible for the condition of the property on departure.
LINEN / CLEANING: Due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19 we do not provide mid-stay linen services. Stays 10 nights and over will be provided with an extra set of fresh bed linen, bath and pool towels on check in to be used at guest discretion.
CHECK IN / KEY COLLECTION: In most instances your key is available for collection at our office situated at 366 Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas. Should your arrival be very late at night or early morning, please discuss this with your Property Manager who will endeavor to make satisfactory arrangements for you. Check in time is usually 2 pm and check out must be before 10 am on the day of departure. A fee of $100 p/hr may be charged if you do not vacate by this time.
PHONES & INTERNET: Not all properties have phone and/or internet connection. If a property does offer Internet, this will be noted in the Property Listing Features on our web site. Please check when booking. Most of our guests rely on mobile phone contact and/or pre-arranged internet connection through their existing Internet Service Provider.
CONDITIONS OF BAILMENT: On confirming your booking you are agreeing to be bound by our rules of the house and conditions of bailment, this includes but is not limited to the following;
- Guest and invitees are expected to behave in a manner which is conducive to the safety, comfort and convenience of other guests within the property.
- A breach of house rules includes; noisy or offensive behavior, damage to property, improper or unseemly conduct or any act or omission which, in the opinion of the Property Manager, adversely affects or brings discredit upon the Manager, company, owner or other guests.
- The company, owner, and Property manager shall not be liable to any guest or invitee of a guest for any loss, damage or destruction to any personal property brought onto the premises by the said guest or invitee unless such loss, damage or destruction was the deliberate or negligent act of the company, owner or Property manager or authorized agents.
- Without limiting the foregoing, personal property brought upon the premises shall include money, jewelry and other personal effects and motor vehicles parked on the premises.
- A mid stay linen change & clean is included in your accommodation charge if you are staying for 10 nights or longer. It is limited to reasonable cleaning, and replacement of linen and towels. Extra cleaning/linen service can be arranged at your cost. Property left in a state of excessive untidiness or where intentional damage has been caused, will attract charges to rectify the situation. Currently cleaning will be charged to your account at $40 + GST per hour for each additional hour required to return the property to its normal standard, plus replacement costs and fair wear and tear and cleaning accepted.
- In the event that your property becomes unavailable due to unforeseeable circumstances, alternative accommodation will be offered, if you choose not to accept the alternative accommodation, a full refund will be given.
- If properties are going to be used to hold a function such as a wedding, we need to be advised in advance. A site fee is applicable, and bond payable.
- I authorize Port Douglas Accommodation to deduct monies from my credit card supplied should damage or abnormal cleaning be required as per the above conditions. I further agree that any telephone calls made by me except to local numbers will be billed to my credit card at the standard Telstra rate. Should a deduction be made, you will be notified of the reason, the amount, and the date which the amount will be applied / charged.
- Payment of deposit denotes acceptance of Terms and Conditions.